Just checking in. I’m still sort of alive. Mostly, at least. The foggy head is lessening a little, but the body aches are still holding on. My arm, where I took the shot, is still killing me. There’s a constant dull ache, but any time I forget about it and try to use it it kicks my ass.
Mostly I am just exhausted. I got a lot of sleep last night but my sleep numbers were sucky. My sleeping heart rate dip, which should average between 10-20%, and 20-30% is a kick ass, actually went the wrong way. It went up 7%. Crud, huh?
The only productive thing I’ve done is 30 minutes of exercise. That ring is closed. My move (calorie) app isn’t even close though. It’s only 57% complete. I expect that at some point tonight I am going to have to do another 30 minute walk.
Other than that I’ve just spent the day staring at the television. I watched all five episodes of Star Wars: Andor. This week’s episode is going to be awesome. When I finished that I needed something else to veg out to so I started rewatching Falcon and Winter Soldier. I just started episode four. I think I can get through the whole season today. Once that’s done… Loki? We’ll see. We have The Walking Dead tonight (only seven episodes left!) and House of the Dragon so we’ll see if I can get to either of those tonight.
(Marvel spoilers in the second paragraph. You have been warned)
Just wrapping up my lunch break today. The clean up this morning went well. There are two places in our side yard that used to have crap piled up to the moon that now do not. One step closer to having a presentable yard. Sigh of relief, you know?
I’ve been listening to some podcasts today. It’s reassuring to know that my favorite Walking Dead podcast (The Walking Deadcast) is also completely fed up with Fear the Walking Dead. Sometimes it’s just helpful to know you aren’t alone. More important on the news front, I’m listening to TV Podcast Industry’s review of the season finale of The Falcon and the Winter Soldier. They opened up discussing the announcement (that I completely missed) that the follow up to season one will not be season two, it will be a Captain America movie. I think that sounds like a great idea. We knew that the follow up to WandaVision was going to be a movie, the next Dr Strange movie, so it is fitting they do the same for Uncle Sam. Will the Power Broker be the villain? Will it be Elaine Benes? Is Elaine Benes a bad guy or a good guy?
Just heard that my father had a good doctors appointment today. Good news.
When Disney+ launched WandaVision a couple of months ago I asked my step son if he would watch it with me. He said yes. Jen joined in too. We watched every episode together. The show aired (aired? Streamed) on Fridays and every other Friday he was at his dad’s house. On those weeks we either waited until he came back to our house the following Wednesday, or he snuck over at some point during the weekend and we watched the new episode then.
I asked him about doing the same for the new series, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, which debuts today. He said no. He wants to watch the first episode from dad’s house and he said we should watch it too so we can talk about it on Wednesday. 99% of me thinks, bummer. The other 1% of me thinks, bummer but at least I don’t have to wait until Wednesday.
The word on the street is that the first few episodes are really good. I hope the scuttlebutt is accurate.
Meanwhile, I am a a smidge more than halfway through the Snyder Cut. It’s one four hour stream, but it is broken into segments and I’ve been able to watch a segment or two here and there over the last 32 hours or so. I don’t know if it’s better or worse than the theatrical release. It’s more or less the same, just with lots, lots more stuff. It is much less confusing. Everything that has happened so far makes a lot more sense than it did in the first cut. I am having a really hard time forgiving Ezra Miller for The Stand though. Like… every time The Flash is on the screen I just want to slap him for being so bad in The Stand. Bad, Ezra Miller. Bad, bad, Ezra Miller.