RPM Design

Jen and I have a redecorating bug and it’s crazy. We’ve had our bedroom setup like this a couple of years and it’s time to start fiddling with it. That means my little music nook is going to move and be redecorated. I’m looking for an amp stand that can stack two combos. I think I found one. I’m also going to put my humongeous pedal board into storage, which means I need to put together a smaller one. I already have one, but it’s at Mike the Bass Players house and it isn’t coming home until Covid is over… so an overdrive to pair with the Ryra Klon Klone and a wah wah. That plus the two amps will be my RPM Challenge setup……

…….I think.

Monday Morning Music

Are you enjoying your Dr Martin Luther King, Jr day? I am. I mixed a song. Wanna hear it? No? I’m going to post it anyway.

Worst song title I’ve ever come up with. The sound effect was on my original demo from April 2014. Why? More important, why did I keep it? I don’t know, stop pestering me!

January Music is Kind of Happening

Prior to tonight the January music project (10 songs or 35 minutes, all written and recorded in January) consisted of four little 4-8 bar long bass riffs. That’s it. In other words, nuttin’.

Now there are three songs with the rhythm section complete and five little 4-8 bar bass riffs.


Two Songs

I mixed two songs today. Let’s enjoy them together (or not, whatever).

My thought for the first song is, what am I going to write about after the cheeto leaves office on Wednesday?

My thought on the second song is six years ago I could sing a little higher than I can now.

New Song

In honor of the cheeto getting impeached for the second time, I mixed a song tonight! It has nothing to do with the cheeto, or any cheetos for that matter, but it’s done so there.


Tonight’s guitar playing was much better than last night. Still not very good, but better. I put leads on two songs and both lead and rhythm on another. Eight songs still to go and six are ready to mix. A fuzz box was used extensively.

Yes, everything is dusty. If you don’t like it you can lick my sack, m’kay?

A Little Better

Through the 10 months of lock down, whenever shit got too much I would play guitar and it would help me to feel better. Last night shit got too much and I played guitar and I was so bad I felt worse. This morning I tried to rectify that. I redid everything on the song I was working on last night when it got to be a little too much. Jen asked me if I wanted to check something out on youtube with her and instead of asking her to give me a little time to finish I just shut it down.

Today was a little better. I finished everything I left hanging yesterday. I wasn’t exactly Jeff Beck or anything. I wasn’t exactly equal to Jeff Beck playing with one finger, but it was okay for me. I do feel a smidge better.

Now we just need to remove the president from power. That’s all. Nuttin’ much.

Volume Four… and Five

So the United States is crumbling all around us. The president was impeached 11 months ago and guess what! He’s likely going to be impeached again either today or tomorrow, depending on whether or not the vice president grows a set of balls and removes him from office via the 25th amendment. Life is pretty strange here in the good ol’ USA.

So here we are, trying to go about our normal day to day as our little baby 245 year old nation implodes. What’s a red head to do to keep from just screaming 24/7?

Well, he works on The Great 2015 Re-Recording Project, of course. Also, he pretends to work on a January album in a month. I’ve done almost nothing on that one. Just a couple of little bass riffs. I need to get back onto that but I have a ton of work still to do on volume four of the re-recordings. For some dumb reason my plan to redo old songs in batches of eight has turned into a batch of 14. Oops. One of those songs is done, eight more have the vocals done and are ready for lead guitar. Two of those eight will need to have the rhythm guitars done over. I used some effects that I thought were cool at the time, but now listening back they were mistakes. After that, there are still five songs waiting to start.

So I’m calling it. The nine songs underway are now the total of volume four, and the remaining five will be the start of volume five. I’ll dig through the piles of awful songs and pull three more for a total of eight, and then I’ll wait until after RPM in February to work on them. This is the way. I have spoken.

Now, back to the source of stress that sits on top of the mountain of stress that is Covid-19… will Pence do his fucking job today or will he let trump get away with LITERALLY SENDING HIS CULT TO ASSASSINATE HIM. Do your job, Mikey boy. Cut the crap and grow a pair. Then Nancy can impeach the prick at her leisure. There are only nine days left in Cheeto McClownshoes’ term and nine days is too long to wait. He and the cult cannot get away with this. No unity without repercussions. This is the way. The people have spoken.