The dryer is running. I disconnected the exhaust hose from both ends, expecting to replace it. I realized quickly that the hose we bought yesterday isn’t going to be long enough. I found out shortly after that the hose we bought yesterday doesn’t fit through the hole in the wall. M’kay.
So I used the cleaning snake kit thing we bought yesterday to clean the SHIT out of the hose. There was so much lint. So. Much. Lint. It’s as clean as I can get it now though so that’s good. I collapsed the hose as much as I could and ran it directly from the dryer to the vent, rather than having it snake up the wall, across the ceiling and out. I was just trying to eliminate as many angles as I could.
I hooked the old hose up to the new hose we bought yesterday and then hooked the new hose up to the dryer itself. Then I hooked the other end of the old hose to the vent in the wall. Finally, I taped the shit out of every connection. I turned the dryer on for a 50 minute timed run. The last couple of times I tried that it stopped with an error message after a few minutes. It’s been running for over 20 minutes now without issue. I threw a load of laundry into the washing machine so I could run a second load through the dryer to make sure we’re good, assuming the first continues and doesn’t halt itself.
Also, on a totally unrelated note…
I think I am ready for Disney in January. Film, babie! Film is not dead! At least not in my little idiotic, ass backwards world.