I was expecting the worst, but it wasn’t that bad. I had a slow start but it ended up okay. I had some gear issues that annoyed me, but nothing I couldn’t handle. The pedal board is getting really noisy and it got worse as the night went on. I’m going to have to tear it down and rebuild it. Hopefully I can reduce the noise.
The new string experiment is underway. I played a set from Stringjoy and I liked them pretty well. I could handle sticking with them long term.
We only have two rehearsals left before the next gig and we still haven’t settled on a set list. We won’t be winging it on the night, but there are still wildcards.
Before practice we tore down the recording setup I had put together. In its place, we mic’d up the drums. I need to get a few adapters to get the full kit into the board, but we had the kick, snare, and hi hats going into the PA. It was pretty cool.
One last gear nerd moment:
For the first time since I started playing with dirt pedals (I think), tonight was the first time I didn’t have some sort of Big Muff fuzz pedal on the board. In fact, the board was 100% fuzz pedal free.