I completely blew off November’s recording project. I noodled together some bass parts but that’s it. I never even started actual recording. Oh well.
It’s not that I didn’t want to work on it, I just didn’t have the time or the energy. That’s two writing/recording projects in a row that have been woefully neglected and unfinished. The summer 50/90 had some actual progress, but nothing got finished. I guess that means I have a lot of ideas kicking around. I can use some of them in February when RPM comes along, but for now I want to forget about them and do something else.
Two years ago I started a little project to re-record a bunch of old RPM/5090/NaSoAlMo songs. The idea was to take a little more time and care in recording and batch them together in a nice little “best of” bandcamp playlist. I ran out of steam after a couple of months, then tried picking it up again last year, then ran out of steam again.
Right now the band is on holiday break and I have all of my gear at home. Maybe it’s time to get back on this particular wagon. Starting tomorrow (hypothetically) I am going to setup both of my amps in stereo in the cellar and try to record some new guitar parts. If I get a little spark of ambition, maybe I can finish a few of these songs and post them as I go rather than waiting for everything to be finished. We’ll see.
I’ll let you know how it goes.